The difference between organizations and groups in your Zendesk
written on 2016-04-05 09:57:54 by Julia Dick
You work with Zendesk and you think you know everything about the software? That is rather unlikely, because we are sure that there are still some important facts that you do not know about Zendesk yet: for example the difference between Zendesk organization and Zendesk group.
In the following passages we are going to show you the differences between an organization and a group in Zendesk. But first: what actually is this?
The most important about a Zendesk organization:
Organizations are collections of users. Users are agents and end-users. It is up to you how you set up your organizations.
In a team:
Agents and end-users can belong to only one organization.
Professional and enterprise:
Agents and end-users can belong to multiple organizations up to 300.
Do not have to belong to any organization.
After you have created an organization, you can use it throughout your Zendesk to define views, as criteria for assigning tickets, as conditions in automations and triggers, to define access to forums and in your reports.
The most important about a Zendesk groups:
Groups are used to create collections of agents. It is again up to you how you define Zendesk groups. You might create groups by skill (for example: software vs hardware) or to reflect the organizations they serve (for example, a support group might serve only customers in a certain region or time zone).
They can belong to more than one group.
End-users cannot be added to groups, only organizations.
Group stations refer to the number of groups that have successively been assigned to a ticket. It is used as a condition in triggers.
Most popular posts
- 15 Zendesk Shortcuts that lighten your daily workflow
- Kundensupport mit Outlook: Möglichkeiten, Grenzen und Alternativen
- So viel kostet ein Helpdesk Ticketsystem
- How to personalize your Help Center in Zendesk
- The difference between agents, advisors and administrators in Zendesk
- How to work with Zendesk channels
- The „here is who we are“ post
Most recent posts
- How to make your Zendesk website more accessible
- Customer service developments
- Everything about Zendesk views
- The difference between organizations and groups in your Zendesk
- How to improve your performance at work with replygo
- How to extend the functionality of your Zendesk
- It is all about customers