Zendesk chat – the fastest way to provide customer service
written on 2015-10-22 09:12:59 by Julia Dick
Usually customers prefer companies, which can answer questions in real time. That is why many businesses provide live chat support. This function is also possible on Zendesk. But how does Zendesk live chat work?
As it turns out, live chat has the ability to provide the convenient answers that customers want and it is also practical for the employees. Also Zendesk offers the possibility to chat in real time. Customers can start chat requests from existing tickets. From a customer’s perspective, the chat functionality is similar to familiar chats like MSN or Facebook.
When a customer makes a chat request, the request is sent to all available staff members. The staff members are called „agents“ and can accept or ignore the request. The first agent, that accepts the request, starts the chat. The request disappears now for the others. Depending on how the administrator set up the chat, it is possible to text in more than one chats. If you do not want to receive chat requests, you can make yourself unavailable. The Zendesk toolbar offers the function „online“ and „offline“. If you do not want to be accessible, choose „offline“. So it is in your hands to decide when you want to chat with Zendesk and when not. It is also possible to press „ignore“ to decline a chat request.
Every chat session is connected with a ticket—either a new ticket or an existing ticket. This is depending on how the user initiated the chat. New tickets are created at the beginning of a chat. It is possible to view the ticket or the user’s profile. Therefore you have to click the ticket number or the name of the user you are chatting with.
After orienting yourself, you will quickly notice how much faster live chatting with Zendesk is and how simple customer requests can be answered. Do always remember: It is much faster to resolve a customer´s issue by chatting, than through emails.
Most popular posts
- 15 Zendesk Shortcuts that lighten your daily workflow
- Kundensupport mit Outlook: Möglichkeiten, Grenzen und Alternativen
- So viel kostet ein Helpdesk Ticketsystem
- How to personalize your Help Center in Zendesk
- The difference between agents, advisors and administrators in Zendesk
- How to work with Zendesk channels
- The „here is who we are“ post
Most recent posts
- How to make your Zendesk website more accessible
- Customer service developments
- Everything about Zendesk views
- The difference between organizations and groups in your Zendesk
- How to improve your performance at work with replygo
- How to extend the functionality of your Zendesk
- It is all about customers